Read this article if you want to study in Germany on a scholarship. DAAD Scholarship 2023? What It Is? what are the Benefits? Step-by-Step Application Process? Detail Explained in this article?
A fully funded scholarship for international students is the DAAD Scholarship 2023–2024. With this scholarship, you can earn your master’s or doctorate from a great university in Germany. For graduates or doctoral candidates, DAAD scholarships will cover a monthly payment of 861 euros or 1,200 euros.
To develop sustainably, a nation must have access to qualified, international experts. For a better future with less poverty, more education, and better health for all, they are the best assurance.Through its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD supports the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized countries.
The scholarships give foreign graduates of all disciplines from developing and newly industrialized nations the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state- or university-recognized German institution, and in exceptional circumstances, to pursue a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Summary of DAAD Scholarship 2023
- Degree: Doctoral (PhD) / Master’s
- Affiliation: DAAD
- studying in Germany
- Listed Courses:
Economic Sciences, Law,Agricultural and Forest Sciences,Art, Design,Engineering and Natural Sciences,Humanities and Social Sciences,Language and Cultural Studies,Mathematics, Natural Sciences,Medicine, Health Sciences.
- Program Duration: Depending on the length of the chosen study program, between 12 and 36 months.
- According to the chosen study program, the DAAD Scholarship Deadline varies; please check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
The benefits provide by DAAD Scholarship 2023 German :
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, benefits for scholarship holders:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
Criteria for DAAD Scholarship Eligibility 2023
Eligibility requirements for DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany:
- English or German are required languages.
- The instruction language for international programs is English. A TOEFL or IELTS score or other proof of your proficiency in English is typically required.
- In order to apply for other programs, you typically need to submit a German language certificate, such as the DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates hold a Bachelor’s degree (typically a four-year program) or a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Candidates have a minimum of two years’ worth of work experience.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that their motivation is growth-related, and after receiving training or a scholarship, they will be expected to assume social responsibility and to start and support change processes in their personal and professional environments.
How Do I Apply for a DAAD Scholarship in 2023?
Please follow the application process below step by step to apply for a DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD in Germany:
For how many coures i can apply?
You can apply for three courses and if you want to apply for them list them in the DAAD application forms for the priority . Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the relevant application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personal letter of motivation with current date, two pages maximum, and references to current employment and preferred postgraduate program(s).
Important: When applying to more than one postgraduate course (a maximum of three courses), you must submit a single motivation letter outlining your reasons for selecting these particular courses as your top priorities.
- Recommendation letter from your current employer; the letter must be on company letterhead, bear your signature, be stamped officially, and be current (not enclosed in a sealed envelope).
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) attesting to at least two years of relevant work experience (following the bachelor degree) at the time of application, as well as, if at all possible, a promise that your current employer will continue hiring you when you return home.
- Language proficiency certification:
- IELTS or TOEFL for English (note that the institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German is a prerequisite for courses taught in that language.
- Academic degree copies, with a certified translation if necessary
- Copies of academic transcripts with the grading scale (and, if necessary, a certified translation)
- The People’s Republic of China applicants must enclose an APS Certificate with their application materials.
Note: You might need to submit more paperwork for some courses. Please refer to the relevant course description in the brochure and on the relevant websites for more information. Complete applications will submitted in English or German language.
Applying for a DAAD Scholarship | Step by Step:
- Select the courses that are right for you (you can apply for a maximum of three courses).
- Apply to colleges that offer those courses.
- Directly to the universities, you submit your entire application(s) along with the required documentation.
- Candidates for a DAAD scholarship are recommended by a selection committee.
- The recommended candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their entire application to the DAAD Portal. (DAAD will send an email with a link to the DAAD Portal.)
- The final results of the selection process will be announced, and the recommended candidates will be informed.
Keep PDF copies of all your required documents for a DAAD scholarship 2023.
Visit the official website to learn more about the DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany:
1. Quality institutions
- Germany has some of the top-ranked universities in Western Europe and is the most popular non-English-speaking study destination in the world.
- Among German universities, LMU Munich placed 29th, Heidelberg University placed 37th, and Humboldt University of Berlin placed 49th in the 2020 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- After the top 100, there is a wide variety of different universities.
- The German government is also very committed to higher education, as evidenced by the high quality of its most modern facilities and instruction.
- Each year, state-funded research projects are carried out in Germany, allowing students to conduct original research and their own unique projects.
2. There are no tuition fees
- While studying in Europe may have been your dream, you are concerned about how you will pay for your education.
- In Germany, undergraduate education is free.
- You don’t have to pay fees or tuition even if you’re an international student because registration is free in Germany.
- In fact, a German university may choose you to pursue a postgraduate degree that is also free after your undergraduate studies are complete.
- Without paying tuition, you can save money for travel, study materials, socializing, and getting to know your surroundings.
3. Job Opportunities
- A generous period of time when compared to many other European nations, such as the United Kingdom, where international students can only be three months after graduation, Germany allows international students to stay for up to 18 months after graduation to look for work.
- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) reported in 2020 that approximately 50% of international students live in the nation after graduating, demonstrating the desire and demand to stay in the country to work.
- Universities also have strong connections with businesses, which gives them an advantage when looking for internships or jobs.
- According to the Global Employability University Ranking by Times Higher Education,
4. The standard of living
- Germany offers an impressive quality of life for students.
- The majority of major German cities, including Berlin, Munich, and Hamburg, are hubs for music, art, and culture.
- No matter what your interests are, there is so much to see and do that this is the ideal location for a wandering international student.
- It has dependable, safe, and quick public transportation thanks to a robust economy and infrastructure, making moving around very simple.
- That take in the exciting nightlife in the major cities.
5. The world’s environment
- International multiculturalism and students both thrive in Germany.
- the country naturally attracts international students from all over the world.. In the year 2021 and 2022 academic year more than 300k international students enroll in universities.
- Its central location in Western Europe.
- Makes it convenient for travel to neighboring nations where you can experience different cultures and see interesting sites.
- Start your academic journey in Germany right away!
- DAAD Scholarship 2023: Apply now
- Germany Scholarship2023: Apply now
- Netherlands Scholarship 2023: Apply now
- Turkey Scholarship 2023 : Apply now
- USA Fulbright Scholarship 2023 : Apply now
- Chinese Government Scholarship 2023: Apply now
- UK GSK Scholarship for 2023 : Apply now